APS : Wednesday, 23 December 2020
ALGIERS- Algeria has welcomed the announcement of the of the formation of the coalition government in Yemen under the presidency of Moein Abdelmalek, dubbing it an “important step” for the completion of implementation
of the Riyadh Accord signed between the Yemeni government and the Southern Transitional Council, the ministry of Foreign Affairs said Wednesday in a statement.
“Algeria welcomes the announcement of the formation of a unity government in the sister country Yemen on 18 December 2020, led by Moein Abdelmalek, an important step towards the completion of implementation of the Riyadh Agreement, signed between the Government of Yemen and the Southern Transitional Council on 5 November 2019, for appeasement between the Yemeni brothers,” the statement said.
Algeria expresses its “wish to see this move contribute to the progress of the political process, sponsored by the United Nations and its Special Envoy for Yemen, with a view to achieving an inclusive and sustainable political settlement wanted by the people of Yemen.”
“It is also a matter of putting an end to the crisis in this sister country to preserve its unity, sovereignty, stability, security and development in the interests of its people.”
Algeria reaffirms “its constant concern to encourage political solutions to crises and to promote dialogue between all parties, while rejecting interference in the internal affairs of countries.”
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune