APS : Sunday, 17 January 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria on Sunday welcomes the entry into force of the Iranian nuclear deal, said Sunday a communiqué of Foreign Affairs Ministry.
“Algeria considers the deal, which came into force on Saturday, as an “important stage” in the process of the settlement of the tension and crisis situations, in a view to preserving international peace and security, and development in the benefit of all the peoples,” the communiqué added.
Algeria also praised the efforts and the perseverance of the parties to the Deal, which “allowed to reach this positive result,” the same source added, noting that the gradual lifting of sanctions on Iran “is an achievement of this Deal we must apply in a good faith.”
While renewing its commitment for the nuclear disarmament and the non-proliferation of the nuclear weapons, Algeria “voiced satisfaction that this Deal consolidates States’ sovereign right to promote the usages of the Atom for peaceful purposes.”
“Algeria hopes that this historical achievement will boost the creation of a Middle East Weapons of Mass Destruction Free Zone and that it will contribute to the establishment of a climate of trust and good neighborhood favorable to the opening of new era of peace, stability and prosperity in the region and beyond it,” concluded the Foreign Ministry communiqué.
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions
- (Français) Boukadoum prend part à la réunion consultative des ministres arabes des AE
- (Français) Patrimoine : Toufik Hamoum reconduit à la tête du Conseil consultatif de l’Unesco
- Renewable energy: Algeria has Africa’s third largest installed capacity in 2020
- Setting up by 2035 of strategy to combat desertification