Algeria welcomes appointment of Horst Kohler as UN Secretary General’s personal envoy for Western Sahara
ALGIERS- Algeria welcomed Thursday, through the spokesperson of the ministry of Foreign Affairs Abdelaziz Benali-Cherif, the appointment of Horst Kohler as the personal envoy of the United Nations Secretary General for Western Sahara, reiterating its support to the UN efforts for a just and lasting political settlement the provides for the auto-determination of the Sahrawi people
“Algeria welcomes the appointment of Horst Kohler as the personal envoy of the United Nations Secretary General for Western Sahara,” said Benali Cherif in a statement to APS.
“It takes this opportunity to reiterate its support to the UN Secretary General and to its personal envoy for a just and lasting political settlement that provides for the auto-determination of the Sahrawi people, in conformity with the relevant resolutions of the Security Council,” he underlined.
The spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry added that Algeria expresses the wish that the appointment of the new personal envoy of the Secretary General “could contribute in the resumption of negotiations between the two parties in conflict, Morocco and the Polisario Front, for the completion of the decolonization process of the Western Sahara territory.”
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée