APS : Saturday, 17 December 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria has vigorously condemned, through the spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abdelaziz Benali Cherif, the terrorist attack against a detachment of Burkina Faso’s Army.
“We vigorously condemn the despicable terrorist attack perpetrated Friday against a detachment of Burkina Faso’s Army in Nassoumbou, Burkina Faso,” Benali Cherif told APS Saturday.
“We offer our condolences to the families of the soldiers killed in this attack and we express our deep sympathy and our solidarity with the people and the government of Burkina Faso,” added the spokesperson, hailing “the sacrifices made by the peoples of the region and their security forces.”
He underlined that the “escalation of terrorist attacks in the region would not undermine the determination of Burkina Faso and its neighbouring countries to continue the fight against the scourge of terrorism, which has no future in our African continent.”
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister