APS : MONDAY 12 FEBRUARY 2018
ALGIERS- The security common challenges of Algeria and the United States of America required a “unified and comprehensive action to counter crime in all its forms,”
at both regional and international levels, General Manager of the National Police, Major General Abdelghani Hamel said on Sunday in Algiers, as quoted by a national police directorate’s release.
During his meeting with Acting Principal Deputy Coordinator for Counterterrorism at the US Department of State Alina Romanowski, who was accompanied by Political Adviser for North Africa Yaniv Parzilay, Hamel said that the security common challenges require “the development of cooperation fields and exchange of experiences,” said the source.
As for her, Alina Romanowski “hailed the professionalism of the Algerian police and its leading role at the regional and international levels, stressing the importance of strengthening cooperation between police in both countries in line with developments in fight against crime,” the statement added.
At the meeting, the two officials spoke about the “privileged relations” between the two countries and how to consolidate them, the source concluded
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation