APS : Thursday, 28 June 2018
NEW YORK- Algeria has emphasized in New York the importance of consolidating the UN Global Counterterrorism Strategy by strengthening f cooperation and increasing exchange of the best practices and expertise
in the fight against violent extremism.
Speaking during the adoption of a resolution on the Global Counterterrorism Strategy, Algeria’s permanent representative to the UN, Ambassador Sabri Boukadoum, called for a balanced implementation of the four pillars of the strategy with a regular update.
Expressing Algeria’s support of the strategy, the Algerian ambassador stressed the major role of the UN Counter-Terrorism Centre, inviting the member states to provide the required human and financial resources.
Boukadoum said Algeria appreciates the level of cooperation with UN specialized counterterrorism mechanisms and programmes and is ready to further develop it.
“In addition, Algeria’s adherence to the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF) shows Algiers’ commitment to taking part in all relevant forums to promote international cooperation against terrorism.”
The Algerian UN ambassador cited the working group for the strengthening of counterterrorism capacities in West Africa, co-chaired by Algeria and Canada within the framework of the GCTF.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea