APS : Thursday, 28 June 2018
NEW YORK- Algeria has emphasized in New York the importance of consolidating the UN Global Counterterrorism Strategy by strengthening f cooperation and increasing exchange of the best practices and expertise
in the fight against violent extremism.
Speaking during the adoption of a resolution on the Global Counterterrorism Strategy, Algeria’s permanent representative to the UN, Ambassador Sabri Boukadoum, called for a balanced implementation of the four pillars of the strategy with a regular update.
Expressing Algeria’s support of the strategy, the Algerian ambassador stressed the major role of the UN Counter-Terrorism Centre, inviting the member states to provide the required human and financial resources.
Boukadoum said Algeria appreciates the level of cooperation with UN specialized counterterrorism mechanisms and programmes and is ready to further develop it.
“In addition, Algeria’s adherence to the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF) shows Algiers’ commitment to taking part in all relevant forums to promote international cooperation against terrorism.”
The Algerian UN ambassador cited the working group for the strengthening of counterterrorism capacities in West Africa, co-chaired by Algeria and Canada within the framework of the GCTF.
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces
- Algeria partakes in 28th International Travel Show in Poland
- (Français) Réunion préparatoire du Sommet extraordinaire de l’UA sur l’industrialisation : Lamamra met en avant l’expérience de l’Algérie
- Holding of 7th session of political consultations between Algeria, Argentina