APS : Thursday, 06 October 2016
ALGIERS- British Minister for the Middle East and Africa Tobias Ellwood underlined, Thursday in Algiers, the importance to broaden cooperation between Algeria and the United Kingdom in the field of Education.
In a statement to the press following his discussions with Minister of National Education Nouria Benghebrit, the British official said that they focused on the “existing opportunities for the two sides to broaden cooperation beyond the learning and teaching of English language.”
He added that Benghebrit outlined the progress made in the implementation of the various programmes relating to the teaching of English language in Algeria, with special focus on his country’s programme in Algeria, through British Consul.
For her part, the Minister of National Education said that “in addition to the learning of English language, which has become a social demand, we have discussed the broadening of cooperation, particularly as regards the content of English language syllabuses and educational guidance.”
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister