Algeria to host in March international conference on women’s participation in political life
APS : Wednesday, 28 February 2018
GENEVA- Algeria will organize on 17-18 March, with the support of the United Nations Development Programme, an international conference on the participation of women in the national political life,
announced Wednesday Secretary General of Foreign Affairs Ministry Noureddine Ayadi in the 37th session of Human Rights Council, held in Geneva.
“Algeria will organize (…) on 17-18 March with the support of UN Development Programme an international conference where the experiences of Algeria and of other countries in this field will be presented,” said Ayadi.
Since the last session of March, Algeria “has experienced two electoral meetings under the supervision of an independent authority in which sit, at parity, magistrates and civil society.”
In this regard, he noted that “35 political parties were represented at the People’s National Assembly in these elections, and that women snatched 121 out of 462 seats, i.e. a rate of 26.19%, as well as the results of the local elections where 4,132 women were elected in 1,541 communes and 48 provinces.”
While broaching the progress made by Algeria in this field, Ayadi said that “it is an enshrinement of women’s participation in the national political life, result of a sovereignly assumed political willingness.”
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée