APS : Saturday, 21 October 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria will host, Monday and Tuesday, the first plenary meeting of the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF)’ Working Group on Capacity Building in the West Africa Region,
said Saturday the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a communiqué.
The meeting of the GCTF Working Group on West Africa, co-chaired by Algeria and Canada, will bring together senior officials and experts in the prevention and fight against terrorism and violent extremism, border security and combating the financing of terrorism, from GCTF member states, West African countries, as well as from international and regional organizations, including the United Nations and the African Union, said the communiqué.
The Working Group on Capacity Building in the West Africa Region replaces the Working Group on Capacity Building in the Sahel region, as approved by the GCTF ministerial meeting on 20 September 2017.
Algiers meeting will be an opportunity for GCTF members to assess the actions achieved so far with a view to strengthening cooperation in the priority areas of the Group’s plan of action, especially border security, legal and judicial cooperation, fight against the financing of terrorism and cooperation between police services.
The meeting will also discuss, for the first time, women’s participation in the fight against terrorism, said the Ministry’s communiqué.
The meeting’s opening session will be chaired by Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel.
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization