APS : SUNDAY 07 MARCH 2021
ALGIERS- Minister of Justice Belkacem Zeghmati will chair the Algerian high-level delegation taking part in the 14th United Nations Congress
on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice that will be held by videoconference from 7 to 12 March in Kyoto (Japan), the Ministry of Justice said Saturday in a statement.
Algeria will take part in this global event organized this year under the theme “Advancing crime prevention, criminal justice and the rule of law: Towards the achievement of the 2030 Agenda,” in the presence of Algeria’s ambassador to Japan, Algeria’s representatives to the United Nations Office at Vienna and representatives of several sectors concerned by the theme.
The minister will make a speech during this high-level meeting that will focus on “the overall strategies for the crime prevention and achievement of socio-economic development, the integrated approaches to take up the challenges facing the penal justice system, the multi-dimensional approaches adopted by the Governments in order to strengthen the law sovereignty, the international cooperation and the provision of a technical assistance to fight against all forms of crime,” said the source.
Organized every five years, the congress is “one of the most important congresses organized by the United Nations which focus on the official positions of the Governments, the efficient experiences and policies in terms of crime prevention and criminal justice.”
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune