APS : SUNDAY 07 JUNE 2020
ALGIERS- Algeria has taken note of the latest political initiative in favour of an immediate ceasefire and a political solution to the Libyan crisis, said Sunday a communiqué of the Foreign Affairs Ministry.
The communiqué underlined the position of Algeria “which is at equidistance from the Libyan brothers as well as the efforts made at several levels to reach a political settlement, starting with a ceasefire and the return of the Libyan belligerent to the dialogue table to come to an inclusive political solution, in accordance with the international law and decisions of the UN Security Council while respecting the will of the brotherly Libyan people.”
Algeria reiterated “its commitment to the pivotal role of the neighboring countries to bring views closer between the Libyan brothers, through an inclusive dialogue as the only way to restore peace in Libya and ensure its unity and territorial integrity.”
Because of this, Algeria “calls on the different regional and international players to coordinate their efforts to find a lasting political solution to the crisis in this brotherly country,” concluded the source.
- President Tebboune awards Medal of National Merit to Italian counterpart
- Algeria-Italy: Convergence of views on all issues of common interest
- Algerian-Italian relations “strong,” “strategic”
- Algeria, Italy sign three agreements in various fields
- Algeria-Italy: Tebboune-Mattarella discussions, extended to delegations of both countries