APS : Wednesday, 18 January 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria has strongly condemned the suicide attack perpetrated Wednesday in Gao (Northern Mali), reiterating its commitment for a “scrupulous and rigorous” implementation of the peace and reconciliation agreement in Mali, resulting from the Algiers process.
“We condemn in the strongest terms the bloody terrorist attack perpetrated today in Gao (Mali,” said the spokesperson of the ministry of foreign affairs Abdelaziz Benali Cherif in a statement to APS.
“As president of the follow-up committee of the Peace and Reconciliation Agreement in Mali, resulting from the Algiers process, Algeria will spare no effort for the scrupulous and rigorous implementation of all the provisions of this Agreement, in coordination with all the relevant players of the international community and the Malian partners,” he said.
“Convinced that the way of dialogue and reconciliation is, and remains the only way likely to promote a peaceful continuation of the process that should crown the ongoing efforts for the implementation of this agreement, we reiterate our rejection of violence and our condemnation of terrorism in all its forms,” added the spokesperson.
The attack, which targeted a military camp in Gao, killed at least 47 people and injured 60 others, according to the latest toll.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister