APS : Wednesday, 24 January 2018
ALGIERS- Algeria on Wednesday has strongly condemned the terrorist attack that targeted Tuesday night, civilians in the city of Benghazi (east of Libya), and stressed the need to support the inclusive dialogue process to achieve
national reconciliation in the country.
“Algeria strongly condemns the bloody terrorist attack that targeted, in the night of Tuesday 23 January 2018, the district of al-Sleimani in the city of Benghazi (east of Libya), leaving scores of civilians dead and others injured,” the spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abdelaziz Benali Cherif told APS.
“Following this heinous attack, we express our solidarity with the government and the people of Libya and we offer our condolences and sympathy to the families of the victims,” he said.
“The fight against terrorism and barbaric acts require everyone’s support to the inclusive national dialogue process for the achievement of national reconciliation,” he added.
“The perpetrators of these despicable acts have not other objectives than destroying the ties of solidarity between Libyans and spreading terror and undermining efforts for a political solution that would preserve the unity of Libya and the cohesion of its people,” stressed Benali Cherif.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy