APS : Wednesday, 17 March 2021
ALGIERS- Algeria strongly condemned Wednesday the terrorist attack perpetrated Monday in the Tillabery, in the west of the Republic of Niger, which left dozens of casualties, the ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.
“Algeria strongly condemns the terrorist attack carried out on 15 March in the Tillabery region, in the west of the Republic of Niger, which caused dozens of deaths and injuries, and assures our sister country Niger, people and government, of its full solidarity in these difficult times.”
Algeria “reaffirms its firm determination to fight this scourge, in all its forms and manifestations, and calls on the entire international community to work more closely together, to combat more effectively this phenomenon which hinders peace and development throughout the Sahel region,” the statement said.
A total of 58 people were killed in a terrorist attack targeting civilians at the Malian border in Niger on Monday, according to a statement by the government of Niger.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune