APS : Wednesday, 17 March 2021
ALGIERS- Algeria strongly condemned Wednesday the terrorist attack perpetrated Monday in the Tillabery, in the west of the Republic of Niger, which left dozens of casualties, the ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.
“Algeria strongly condemns the terrorist attack carried out on 15 March in the Tillabery region, in the west of the Republic of Niger, which caused dozens of deaths and injuries, and assures our sister country Niger, people and government, of its full solidarity in these difficult times.”
Algeria “reaffirms its firm determination to fight this scourge, in all its forms and manifestations, and calls on the entire international community to work more closely together, to combat more effectively this phenomenon which hinders peace and development throughout the Sahel region,” the statement said.
A total of 58 people were killed in a terrorist attack targeting civilians at the Malian border in Niger on Monday, according to a statement by the government of Niger.
- Croatia’s FM hails Algeria’s peacemaking efforts in region
- President Tebboune receives Croatian Foreign Minister
- Croatian FM dubs Algeria as key partner, commends its role in region’s stability
- Benabderrahmane received by Tunisian president
- President Tebboune receives president of State of Palestine