APS : Wednesday, 26 February 2020
ALGIERS- Algeria “strongly” condemned on Wednesday the attack in Gombi Region, northeastern Nigeria, by the terrorist group, Boko Haram, expressing its “full solidarity” with the Nigerian government and people in this ordeal. “We strongly condemn the heinous attack perpetrated by the terrorist group Boko Haram in the Gombi region of Adamawa State in north-eastern Nigeria, which left several civilians and members of the Nigerian army dead,” said Foreign Ministry spokesman Abdelaziz Benali Cherif.
“We extend our condolences to the families of the victims of this despicable act, as well as our full solidarity with the Government and the brotherly people of Nigeria in this painful ordeal,” he added.
The Foreign Ministry Spokesman said that “these attacks against civilian targets are indicative of the failure of the terrorist enterprise and its relays in the region in the face of the determination and firmness of the Nigerian authorities in their relentless fight against the terrorist hydra.”
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan