APS : Thursday, 18 February 2016
ALGIERS-Algeria has “strongly” condemned on Thursday the car bomb attack that hit the center of the Turkish capital Ankara Wednesday, and expressed “full” solidarity with the government and people of Turkey, the Foreign Ministry stressed in a statement.
“Algeria strongly condemns the car bomb attack in the center of the Turkish capital, Ankara, which caused heavy casualties,” the statement said.
“Before this despicable act, Algeria expresses its full solidarity with the brotherly government and people of Turkey,” the source added.
Moreover, Algeria reiterated “rejection of terrorism in all its forms and its conviction that only a collective awareness of the international community of the growing threat of terrorism to peace and security in the world is likely to encourage a concerted, coordinated and effective action against the evil wherever it is found,” the source stated.
At least 28 people were killed and 61 others wounded in the attack that hit the Turkish capital, according to official figures.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister