APS : Monday, 13 May 2019
ALGIERS- Algeria has strongly condemned the terrorist attack that targeted a church in north-central Burkina Faso on Sunday, the spokesman of the ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abdelaziz Benali Cherif, said Monday.
“We strongly condemn the deadly terrorist attack that targeted yesterday, Sunday 12 May 2019, the Catholic church of Dablo, in the center-north of Burkina Faso, killing and injuring many among the worshippers,” Benali Cherif told APS.
“Algeria, which has suffered from the scourge of terrorism, assures its friends, Burkina Faso’s government and people, of its full solidarity and reiterates its firm condemnation of terrorism in all its forms.”
“We extend our sincere condolences to the families of the victims of the despicable act of terror and express our sympathy to the wounded,” the ministry of Foreign Affairs said.
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart