APS : Wednesday, 16 March 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria has strongly condemned the suicide bomb attack perpetrated Wednesday on a mosque in Maiduguri, in Nigeria,
underlining that the joint efforts of the States and peoples of the sub-region will “ineluctably” lead to victory over the scourge of terrorism.
“We strongly condemn the bloody terrorist attack perpetrated today on a mosque in Maiduguri, in Nigeria,” the spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abdelaziz Benali-Cherif told APS.
“We would like to pay tribute to the innocent victims and we express sympathy to their families, and we reiterate our solidarity with the people and the Government of Nigeria in the face of the despicable and vile terrorist attacks against defenceless population and civilians,” he said.
Algeria also hailed the “collective and coordinated response” of the sub-region countries to the challenges imposed by terrorism, as well as “the victory achieved against the forces of evil, Boko Haram.”
“We are convinced that the joint efforts of the States and peoples of the sub-region will ineluctably lead to victory over the scourge of terrorism,” concluded the Foreign Ministry’s spokesperson.
At least 22 people were killed and 35 others were injured in this suicide attack.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied