APS : THURSDAY 12 SEPTEMBER 2019
ALGIERS – Algeria has “strongly” condemned the announcement of Israeli Prime Minsiter Benjamin Netanyahu, of his intention to annex the Jordan Valley and the northern part of the Dead Sea in West Bank, said Thursday
a communiqué of the Foreign Ministry.
“Algeria regards this announcement as a dangerous escalation against the Palestinian people and a further step on the path of systematic land grabbing and the Jewish policies of Judaization and cleansing in the Palestinian territories, with a view to changing the geography of occupied Palestine, in flagrant violation of international law, international legality and relevant UN Security Council resolutions,”
the communiqué said.
“While reiterating its solidarity, and steadfast and consistent support for the State of Palestine and its people, Algeria urges the international community to rigorously counteract the repeated acts of escalation by the occupying authorities and to enable the Palestinian people to recover their legitimate rights, including the establishment of their independent state with Al-Quds as capital,” added the same source.
- UNGA: Process of building new Algeria continues resolutely under leadership of President Tebboune
- (Français) Les efforts de l’Algérie pour régler les crises internationales salués
- Lamamra holds talks with Chinese counterpart
- Lamamra received, in New York, by East Timor’s President
- Algerian diplomacy regains position, says President Tebboune