APS : Wednesday, 31 March 2021
ALGIERS- Algeria has strongly condemned the coup attempt perpetrated during the night of Tuesday to Wednesday, in Niger, calling for the strict respect of the legitimacy and the constitutional order,
the Ministry of Foreign Affairs wrote Wednesday in a communiqué.
“Algeria strongly condemns the coup attempt that occurred on the night of 30 to 31 March 2021 in Niger, and called for the strict respect of the legitimacy and the constitutional order, in accordance with the cardinal principle of the African Union in this regard,” said the source.
“Algeria reiterates its full support to the preservation of the stability and well-being of the brotherly people of Niger with whom it has historical relations based on friendship, cooperation, solidarity and good neighborliness,” concluded the source.
Niger’s government affirmed Wednesday it foiled a coup attempt during the night of Tuesday to Wednesday, condemning a cowardly and retrograde act aimed at jeopardizing democracy and the rule of law.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune