APS : Thursday, 04 July 2019
ALGIERS – Algeria on Thursday has “strongly” condemned the attack which targeted last Monday a military base in Niger, lauding the “sacrifice” of the members of Niger armed forces,
said the Foreign Ministry’s spokesman Abdelaziz Benali Cherif.
“We strongly condemn the attack which targeted last Monday 1st July 2019, a military base of Niger army, west of the country (Niger), near the Malian borders,” said Benali Cherif in a statement to APS.
“While hailing the sacrifice of the members of Niger armed forces died for their country. We offer our sincerest condolences to their families, the government and the people of Niger. We also express our compassion with the injured,” added the foreign ministry spokesman.
Stressing that “Algeria, which has suffered from the horrors of terrorism, assures the government and the friendly people of Niger of its full solidarity,” Benali Cherif added that Algeria “remains
convinced that these acts of terror will not undermine the joint determination of Africa and the rest of the international community to pursue the common fight until the definitive eradication of this transnational scourge.”
Eighteen soldiers were killed and four others are missing after the attack on Monday on Niger army camp in the area of Inates (west).
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces
- Algeria partakes in 28th International Travel Show in Poland
- (Français) Réunion préparatoire du Sommet extraordinaire de l’UA sur l’industrialisation : Lamamra met en avant l’expérience de l’Algérie
- Holding of 7th session of political consultations between Algeria, Argentina