APS : Monday, 16 January 2023
ALGIERS- Minister of Foreign Affairs and National Community Abroad Ramtane Lamamra stressed Monday to his Finnish counterpart Pekka Haavisto that Algeria will spare no effort
to consolidate the rapprochement between the African and Nordic countries, the ministry said in a statement.
In a phone conversation at the initiative of Haavisto, the two Foreign ministers discussed the preparation of the 20th meeting of Foreign Ministers of African and Nordic countries, planned for spring in Algiers, according to the source.
In this regard, Lamamra assured his interlocutor that “by succeeding Finland as head of this African-Nordic consultation framework, Algeria will spare no effort to consolidate the rapprochement between these countries in line with their traditional commitment to the objectives and principles enshrined in the United Nations Charter,” said the source.
The two ministers welcomed the quality of the historical relations between the two countries, characterized by friendship and solidarity and which celebrate in this month of January the 60th anniversary of their establishment.”
They also seized this opportunity to exchange the views on several regional and international issues, as well as the next multilateral events of common interest, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy