APS : Wednesday, 04 March 2020
ALGIERS- Foreign Minister Sabri Boukadoum said Wednesday in Algiers that Algeria and Spain completely agree on issues interesting the two countries in all fields. “Algeria and Spain totally agree on issues interesting the two countries in all fields, mainly bilateral cooperation in the economic, gas, oil, cultural, consular and migration fields and boundary delimitation as well as on the coming stages, namely the higher commission linking the two countries,” he said.
Boukadoum made the statement at a news conference jointly held with the Spanish minister of Foreign Affairs, the European Union and Cooperation, Arancha Gonzalez Laya , on a visit to Algeria.
“We fully get along and we have agreed on maintaining contact on all international issues and challenges, especially Libya, Mali, the Sahel and everything relating to the Mediterranean,” he said.
Gonzalez Laya said Algeria is a “neighbor and friend country, but also a strategic partner.”
She added that the two countries have an “opportunity” to give a fresh impetus to this relationship.
The Spanish official commended the cooperation between the two countries, and which is “extremely useful and highly effective in terms of migration and counterterrorism,” in addition to a “very good relationship” in energy, expressing her country’s wish to “shift it to a higher gear.”
- Algeria offers condolences on deadly stampede at Indonesian stadium
- Burkina Faso: Foreign ministry closely monitors situation of national community
- MOU on political consultations between Algeria, Thailand
- Tourism: Algeria, Mauritania ink cooperation agreement
- Algeria-EU: 4th annual high-level energy dialogue meeting on October 10 in Algiers