APS : Wednesday, 04 May 2016
AMMAN (Jordan)- Women in parliaments Global Forum (WIP) whose works started Wednesday in Amman, Jordan, has bestowed its Special Award on Algeria in recognition of its efforts and achievements in favour of the promotion and empowerment of the Algerian woman, especially in politics.
The award has been handed over to the minister of National Solidarity, Family and Women’s Affairs, Mounia Meslem Si Ameur, who represents Algeria at the works of the WIP Global Forum, along with a delegation of female MPs from both the Council of the Nation (Upper House of Parliament) and the People’s National Assembly (Lower House).
The distinction comes in recognition of “the achievements made for the empowerment of women and the legislative reforms undertaken to achieve gender equality in politics, in addition to the introduction of the quota system” in favour of women in elected assemblies.
The tribute paid to Algeria “sheds light on its pioneering achievements in relation to women’s involvement in politics,” the minister told APS.
It is “a gesture of which we are proud, but also an encouragement for us to continue our actions meant to create the appropriate climate for creativity, preserving peace and reassuring the rising generations about the future.”
- Lamamra partakes in 76th session of UN General Assembly
- President Tebboune receives Vice President of Libyan Presidential Council
- Lamamra, V. Muraleedharan discuss issues of common interest
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide