APS : WEDNESDAY 17 JANUARY 2018
ALGIERS- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel said Wednesday that Algeria is ready to assist the Arab League Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organization (ALECSO) in its new steps to defend Arab identity as the region is shaken with different crises.
In a press statement following an audience granted to the director general of ALECSO, Saud Hilal Al- Harbi, Messahel expressed Algeria’s readiness to assist ALECSO in its new moves to “defend identity and independence in the light of the changes resulting from the crisis shaking the Arab world.
The Algeria FM stressed that the settlement of problems in the Arab world “should be based on the values of reconciliation, concord and dialogue.”
Messahel added that the discussion with AL-Harbi mainly focused on the reform of ALECSO, as it is necessary to adapt to the changes occurred in the Arab world and the region.”
“Algeria’s leading role in the fight against terrorism and violent extremism,” was one of the main points discussed, Messahel said.
Algeria, he added, has managed to overcome such scourges through the culture of peace and reconciliation.”
- (Français) Projection d’un film algérien
- President Tebboune kicks off Mediterranean Games 2022 in Oran
- Lamamra receives UNWTO Secretary General
- President Tebboune holds one-on-one meeting with Emir of the State of Qatar
- MG Oran 2022: Turkish Vice-President Fuat Oktay in Oran to attend opening ceremony