APS : THURSDAY 05 NOVEMBER 2020
ALGIERS- Algeria has ranked first in Arab Journal of Scientific Research of the 2020 Arab Citation & Impact Factor (ARCIF), with a total of 255 journals selected, said Thursday the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in a statement. “Algeria comes in first position with 255 journals selected, followed by Iraq in second position with 120 scientific journals and Egypt in third position with 103 journals,” according to the same source, which states that “for the 2020 edition, more than 5,100 scientific journals were published by Arab countries, of which 681 were selected by calculating their ARCIF indicator.”
The results of the ranking in different fields show that four Algerian journals are ranked among the ten best scientific journals, five Algerian journals among the ten best in the field of humanities, three among the ten best in social sciences, six among the ten best in economics and finance and lastly, five among the ten best in the field of literature.
Arabic citation and impact factor (ARCIF) is a bibliometric indicator established by e-Marefa1 in 2013 to measure the impact of scientific journals published by Arab countries, explains the ministry’s statement, noting that the selection of journals is based on a number of criteria, namely publication standards, editorial content, diversity in the Arab region and internationally, and citation analysis.
Commenting on these results, the ministry noted that “this qualitative ranking of Algeria is the result of the policy of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research through the electronic publishing of Algerian journals on the ASIP platform and whose purpose is to increase the visibility of our scientific production.”
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart