APS : Wednesday, 25 October 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria has provided great support to inter-state consultation, in compliance with their sovereignty, underlining that it played an “important role” in the establishment of peace and security in Africa and the Middle East, United Nations Resident Coordinator in Algiers, Eric Overvest, said Tuesday.
Eric Overvest delivered a speech at the Foreign Ministry headquarters on the occasion of the United Nations Day.
“Algeria has worked for the peaceful settlement of international conflicts, has markedly contributed to debates on development goals and promoted regional economic cooperation,” said the UN official.
Overvest welcomed the UN achievements in Algeria in favor of sustainable and global development, recalling that there are 14 UN representations in Algeria (agencies, funds and UN programmes). He added that “the UN is putting its collective experiences at the service of Algeria, within the framework of strategic cooperation by 2020”.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea