APS : Thursday, 23 March 2017
CAIRO- Algeria on Thursday has handed over a cheque for US$26.4 million to the Secretariat General of the Arab League,
as part of the first instalment of its contribution to the 2017 budget of the Palestinian Authority, said the Algerian Embassy in Cairo in a statement.
Algeria, under the leadership of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, has fulfilled all it commitments in order to support the struggle of Palestinian people and to help them achieve their legitimate aspirations to establishing an independent State with al-Quds as its capital, added the statement.
The Arab League, has on several occasions, stated that Algeria is among rare Arab countries to fulfil their pledges in support to the Palestinian people’s struggle, since the adoption of Arab League’s decision 224 (in March 2002) calling member states to contribute by US$330 million every six months as from 1 April 2002.
Algeria’s annual financial contribution was set to be US$52.8 million.
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie