APS : Wednesday, 25 November 2015
ALGIERS- Algeria participates at the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM)’s Foreign Ministers Conference on Thursday in Barcelona, Spain, the ministry of Foreign Affairs said Wednesday in a statement.
“Algeria, as a founding member of Barcelona Process and the UfM, will seize this opportunity to call for promoting neighbourly ties and boosting regional cooperation to bring closer the peoples of the Mediterranean’s two shores to face their common security and economic challenges in the region,” the statement stressed.
The Algerian delegation will be led to the conference by the secretary general of the ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abdelhamid Senouci Bereksi, the statement added.
The conference will be held on 26-27 November 2015 to mark the 20th anniversary of the launch of Barcelona Process, which has been the framework for Euro-Mediterranean cooperation.
The event will also be an opportunity for the participants to examine the achievements and prospects of UfM, which took over from Barcelona Process in July 2008, the ministry said.
- (العربية) 5 جويلية الذكرى الستون لعيد الإستقلال تاريخ مجيد و عهد جديد
- President Tebboune kicks off Mediterranean Games 2022 in Oran
- Lamamra receives UNWTO Secretary General
- President Tebboune holds one-on-one meeting with Emir of the State of Qatar
- MG Oran 2022: Turkish Vice-President Fuat Oktay in Oran to attend opening ceremony