APS : Tuesday, 15 March 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria and the Pan-African Parliament share the “same position” over Western Sahara issue, as both of them support Western Sahara people’s right to self-determination through the enforcement of the international law, President of Pan-African Nkodo Dang said Tuesday in Algiers.
“Pan-African Parliament and Algeria share the same position regarding Western Sahara issue. We want that the international law be applied, to allow Western Sahara people to exert their right of self-determination,” Dang told reporters following his meeting with the speaker of People’s National Assembly (lower house of Parliament ), Mohamed-Larbi Ould Khelifa.
Dang said the Pan-African Parliament “backs” UN resolutions, stressing the importance of settling the issue through international legality.
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied
- Chairman of Libya’s Presidential Council on official visit to Algeria Wednesday
- Hood: Algeria-US views on Libya crisis resolution convergent
- Biden administration seeks to cooperate with Algeria “on common goals,” says Hood
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Tunisian counterpart