Algeria-Niger bilateral meeting: Strong, lasting partnership on agenda
APS : Tuesday, 11 October 2016
TAMANRASSET (Algeria)- The participants at the Algeria-Niger bilateral meeting, whose works ended Tuesday in Tamanrasset (1970-km south of Algiers), stressed the importance of a strong and lasting partnership between the two countries.
They underlined, during the meeting which is part of the action plan of the Algeria-Niger bilateral committee, the need to have a solid and lasting partnership in issues of common interest.
The works of the meeting preparing for the sixth session of the bilateral committee have been co-chaired by the governors of Algerian provinces Tamanrasset and Illizi and their counterparts of Niger’s Agadez and Tahoua, in the presence of managers of security institutions and heads of other departments from both countries.
The meeting focused on assessing the implementation of the recommendations made during the fifth session of Algeria-Niger bilateral committee, held last July in Niamey, Niger.
The two delegations also broached the development of a joint strategy to boost cooperation in several fields, especially security.
Chairing the closing meeting, the governor of Tamanrasset said the event’ results were up to the expectations of both sides.
Belkacem Silmi also said the results may be considered as a commitment and an additional milestone in dealing with common issues and implementing joint programmes.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée