APS : Monday, 27 March 2017
DEAD SEA (Jordan)- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel said Monday at the Dead Sea, Jordan,
that Algeria is a major source of proposals, in Arab fora, for the settlement of conflicts and counterterrorism.
There are two issues as a matter of concern for the Arab countries, namely “the increase of conflicts and the best way to address terrorism,” Messahel told APS on the sidelines of the ministerial preparatory meeting held ahead of the Arab Summit scheduled for Wednesday in Jordan.
On the settlement of conflict, Messahel said Algeria has always been against military interventions, based on the proven fact that such ways “cannot resolve such issues.”
In contrast, military interventions “make things worse and lead to chaos,” the minister stressed.
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation