APS : Monday, 06 January 2020
ALGIERS- President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune received Monday, in Algiers, the chairman of the presidential council of Libya’s Government of National Accord, Fayez al-Sarraj.
The audience took place at the presidency of the Republic.
Al-Sarraj arrived a little earlier in Algiers, leading a large delegation for a one-day visit to Algeria.
He was welcomed upon his arrival in Houari-Boumediene international airport of Algiers by Prime Minister Abdelaziz Djerad, Foreign Minister Sabri Boukadoum and Minister of the Interior, Local Authorities and National Planning Kamel Beldjoud.
The meeting between Tebboune and al-Sarraj “is part of the permanent consultations with our Libyan brothers, and will be an opportunity to exchange views on the worsening situation in Libya,” the presidency of the Republic said in a statement.
The two sides will “explore all possible avenues to overcome the current difficult situation.”
Al-Sarraj is accompanied by Foreign minister Mohamed Taher Siala and Minister of Interior Fathi Bachagha.
- President Tebboune arrives in Ankara
- Assigned by President Tebboune, PM extends condolences to family of late Sheikh Khalifa
- President Tebboune congratulates new UAE president
- (Français) Visite d’Etat du président Tebboune en Turquie: consolider des relations entre les deux pays frères
- Algeria strongly condemns Terrorist attack in Togo