APS : Thursday, 06 October 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria is “leading the way” in the fight against violent extremism, the most important challenge in the 21st century, said Thursday in Algiers the UK Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Minister for the Middle East and Africa, Tobias Ellwood.
“It is clear that Algeria is leading the way in the fight against terrorism and violent extremism in a world facing the growth of the scourge, which is considered as the most important challenge of the 21st century,” Ellwood told the press following his discussions with Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel.
Algeria and the UK “are making their best” to counter this threat, he said, adding that he has also discussed with Messahel other regional and international issues of common interest, particularly the situation in Libya.
In this regard, the British minister underlined the importance that the international community “speaks in one voice” to support Libya’s Government of the National Accord, and called on Libyan people to unite for peace and stability in the country.
- (Français) commémoration de la ” Journée Nationale du Moudjahid ”
- President Tebboune, Italian Prime Minister hold phone conversation
- President Tebboune receives Mauritanian Minister of Foreign Affairs
- President Tebboune receives Nigerian Petroleum Resources minister, Niger’s Energy minister
- Lamamra received by Syrian president