ALGIERS- Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahelhas been received in Amman by Prince Faisal bin Al-Hussein, the viceroy of King Abdallah II of Jordan, who is abroad, to whom he handed over a “message of friendship and esteem” from President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflikato the Jordanian monarch, the ministry of Foreign Affairs said Tuesday in a statement.
Prince Faisalasked Messahel to “convey King Abdullah’s fraternal greetings and feelings of respect and consideration to President Abdelaziz Bouteflika and his best wishes of prosperity to the Algerian people,”the statement noted.
The Jordanian prince expressed “satisfaction with the quality of relations between the two countries and the need to take advantage of all market opportunities in both countries to develop and boost the economic ties between Algeria and Jordan.”
The two officials, during the audience, also tackled “the crises and conflicts in the region and the main challenges facing the Arab world.”
The meetingwas attended by Jordan’s Foreign Minister Ayman Safadi.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister