APS : TUESDAY 15 SEPTEMBER 2020
ALGIERS- The minister of the Interior, Local Authorities and National Planning, Kamel Beldjoud, and his Italian counterpart, Luciana Lamorgese, expressed Tuesday, in Algiers, their countries’ full readiness to develop “privileged” relations.
The two countries, which have “privileged” relations, are working on developing them in various areas, Beldjoud told reporters following the meeting with his Italian counterpart.
Algeria and Italy “expressed their full willingness to work on the development of their relations,” he said, adding that the bilateral discussions also focused on many other issues interesting both countries.
“The Italian minister broached illegal migration,” he said, noting that the number of Algerian illegal migrants in Italy is “very low” compared with those coming from other countries.
Algeria “assumes its responsibilities” and takes the appropriate decisions on the matter, he stressed.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister