APS : Thursday, 07 October 2021
ROME (Italy)- The minister of Foreign Affairs and National Community Abroad, Ramtane Lamamra, and his Italian counterpart, Luigi Di Maio, have expressed satisfaction with the level of partnership between the two countries,
with the potential offered for its promotion to the highest level.
During a working session co-chaired by Lamamra and his Italian counterpart, Luigio Di Maio, as part of his visit to Rome, the two sides discussed Algerian-Italian relations, especially in the political, economic and commercial fields, in addition to cooperation in energy and migration.
The two officials expressed “their satisfaction with the level of partnership between the two countries and their common belief in the potential offered for its promotion to a much higher level in terms of quality and quantity.”
The heads of the two delegations reiterated their common commitment to intensify consultation and coordination ahead of the next bilateral meetings, starting with the visit of the Italian President to Algeria, planned for the first half of next November, at the invitation of the President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune.
At regional level, both sides agreed on the need to give a new impetus to Euro-Mediterranean relations, including the partnership between Algeria and the European Union.
They exchanged views on the latest political developments in Libya, as landmark elections in that country are getting closer.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy