APS : Sunday, 27 November 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria hosts from 27 to 29 November an international expert workshop of the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF) on “the national plans for the prevention of violent extremism for the countries of the Sahel” as well as the 4th plenary session of the Working Group on the Sahel of this forum from 28 to 30 November.
These two meetings, to be held in Algiers, are co-chaired by Algeria and Canada, said Saturday a communiqué of Foreign Affairs Ministry.
These two meetings will bring together top officials and experts in the fields of the prevention and the fight against terrorism and violent extremism, of the border security, the enforcement of laws and of the criminal justice of the countries members of GCTF Forum.
Countries of the Sahel region as well as the members of the United Nations Security Council and international, regional and sub-regional organizations, including the United Nations (UN) and its institutions in charge of the fight against terrorism, the African Union (AU), the African Centre for the Study and Research on Terrorism (ACSRT), AFRIPOL and the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), will also take part in these meetings.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister