APS : Wednesday, 04 April 2018
ALGIERS- Algeria has “long been a stable region, friend and a long-time ally” of the United States, said Wednesday in Algiers, chairman of the United States House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence Devin Nunes.
“We has had an excellent meeting with the Foreign Minister. We are pleased to be here, to represent House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. We think that Algeria has long been a stable region, friend and a long-time ally of the U.S.,” Nunes told APS.
Devin Nunes is on a visit to Algeria at the head of delegation of the US Congress. He had talks with Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel.
Messahel as for him said that during these talks, he described as “interesting,” he outlined Algeria concerns in the region and presented the “experience gained by Algeria, notably about the issues which involve all of us.”
The United States are an “extremely important” country. “ Counter-terrorism issues are source of preoccupations, not only for the US but for the international community as a whole,” he said.
The questions of the region, notably the situation in Libya, Mali and in the Sahel have also been discussed.
The US interest in the Algerian experience is “quite important,” Messahel explained.
“We have explained how over the past years, Algeria, thanks to the President vision, has managed to reach this so-hoped-for stability not only by the Algerian people but also by our partner.”
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea