APS : Sunday, 11 December 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria has become, over the past years, a genuine hub for inter-African cooperation, said Sunday in Algiers Algerian diplomat Lakhdar Brahimi.
“Algeria has become, over the past years, a genuine hub for inter-African cooperation, particularly within the African Union,” said Brahimi during a conference entitled “International relations and situation in the world: reality and prospects,” held at the Police Academy to mark the 11 December 1960 events.
“The joint African action has proved successful compared with the joint Arab action,” said Brahimi, recalling the disastrous situation in the Arab world despite Arab countries’ potential in terms of human and energy resources.
Brahimi added that Algeria and Maghreb countries are able to make a quality leap in ten years, if they coordinate to boost their cooperation.
He also underlined Algeria’s experience in the security field, especially in the fight against terrorism, adding that it has become a model for many countries.
To a question about the terrorist organization Daesh, Brahimi said that “they are not Muslims” because they were responsible for the killing of thousands of Muslims around the world.
As regards the so-called Arab Spring, he said that it was a spontaneous uprising that was exploited by some parties.
- President Tebboune sends message to Emir of State of Kuwait
- President of Republic sends message to Custodian of Two Holy Places of Islam
- Algeria expresses solidarity with Chad following serious road accident
- Algeria-Mauritania: 1st Joint Security Committee in Nouakchott
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne