APS : Tuesday, 21 June 2016
ALGIERS- The Speaker of the People’s National Assembly Mohamed Larbi Ould Khelifa said Monday that Algeria has achieved the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) before deadline, adding that it is working at present to ensure the achievement of the sustainable development goals (SDGs) under the agenda 2030,
said a communiqué of the People’s National Assembly.
Ould Khelifa, who received the United Nations Resident Coordinator and Representative of the UN Development Programme (UNDP) in Algeria Cristina Amaral, said that Algeria “has undertaken, at the initiative of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, quality reforms, notably for the promotion of women’s participation in the political life and their access to leadership positions as well as the strengthening of women’s representation in the elected assemblies,” added the communiqué.
He also broached “the efforts made by Algeria to strengthen freedoms as well as individual and collective rights, to improve the citizens’ standard of living and to meet the social needs of the different fringes of society.”
For her part, Amaral welcomed “Algeria’s commitment to the principles of UN Charter,” underlining that Algeria “is a key player in the United Nations through its continuous participation in important debates on topical and future issues.”
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée