APS : Friday, 03 June 2022
ALGIERS- Algeria welcomed Friday the agreement between the government and the Houthis in Yemen on the renewal of the humanitarian truce for two additional months, calling all the parties to continue
the dialogue to reach a permanent truce leading to a sustainable solution in the country.
Algeria “calls on all parties to continue the dialogue to reach a permanent truce leading to a sustainable solution,” praising the maintenance of the ceasefire, the ministry of Foreign Affairs and National Community Abroad said in a statement.
Algeria “reiterates its support for all efforts to achieve a peaceful settlement to the crisis, ensuring, for the brother Yemini people and the region, security, peace and stability, and contributing to tightening the ranks of Arab countries in the face of the existential challenges posed by the current situation”.
The UN Envoy to Yemen, Hans Grundberg, announced Thursday that all the parties had accepted the renewal of the truce (in force since April 2) for two additional months.
He added that the United Nations had received positive “signals” from the belligerents about the proposal to renew the current truce in Yemen.
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization