Algeria hails renewal of truce in Yemen, calls for continuing dialogue
APS : Friday, 03 June 2022
ALGIERS- Algeria welcomed Friday the agreement between the government and the Houthis in Yemen on the renewal of the humanitarian truce for two additional months, calling all the parties to continue
the dialogue to reach a permanent truce leading to a sustainable solution in the country.
Algeria “calls on all parties to continue the dialogue to reach a permanent truce leading to a sustainable solution,” praising the maintenance of the ceasefire, the ministry of Foreign Affairs and National Community Abroad said in a statement.
Algeria “reiterates its support for all efforts to achieve a peaceful settlement to the crisis, ensuring, for the brother Yemini people and the region, security, peace and stability, and contributing to tightening the ranks of Arab countries in the face of the existential challenges posed by the current situation”.
The UN Envoy to Yemen, Hans Grundberg, announced Thursday that all the parties had accepted the renewal of the truce (in force since April 2) for two additional months.
He added that the United Nations had received positive “signals” from the belligerents about the proposal to renew the current truce in Yemen.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée
- Fire at fuel depot in Jakarta: Algeria offers condolences to Republic of Indonesia