APS : Thursday, 19 January 2017
PARIS- The second session of the Algerian-French Strategic Dialogue on the Political and Security Questions, held Wednesday in Paris, has been an opportunity for the two countries to consult each other on issues related to stability and peace in the Mediterranean region.
In a statement to APS and the National Television following the meeting, Minister for Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel said that “the Algerian-French Strategic Dialogue on the political and security questions constitutes a mechanism, established for some time now.”
“Generally, this kind of mechanism allows an exchange of views on important questions for both countries, notably those related to the stability and the peace in our Mediterranean region,” he added.
During the meeting, “we discussed the situation in Mali, the outcomes of Africa-France Summit of Bamako, the situation in the Sahel region and the fight against terrorism.”
This Algerian-French Dialogue meeting addressed the approach for “coordinating our positions and our common action for de-radicalization. It also focused on our coordination within the UN as part of the Global Forum,” Messahel said, adding that the situation in Libya has been also on the meeting’s agenda.
“This was the objective of the strategic dialogue. It is an informal dialogue we hold with further partners, with all the members of the UN Security Council and also with our neighbors Italy, Spain and Germany too,” the minister said.
The second session of the Algerian-French Strategic Dialogue on the Political and Security Affairs was held on Wednesday in Paris, co chaired by Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel and the national intelligence coordinator Yann Jounot.
The first session of this consultation meeting between the two countries was held last 30 May in Algiers.
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie