ALGIERS- Algeria expressed Monday its solidarity with Burkina Faso following the terrorist attack perpetrated Sunday in Ouagadougou calling for the international community to “make all efforts” to contain the phenomenon of terrorism.
“We strongly condemn the bloody terrorist attack perpetrated Sunday evening against innocent individuals in a restaurant in Ouagadougou. We express our solidarity with Burkina Faso, its people and its government as well as the families of the victims of this horrible crime,” said the spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Abdelaziz Benali Cherif in a statement to APS.
He said that “this appalling cold-blooded act is an infringement of the right to life and an attack to the values of generosity and hospitality of the brotherly Burkinabe people.”
“In front of this new manifestation of terror in this friendly country, Africa, as the rest of the international community must make all efforts to contain terrorism and destroy its harmful and destructive plans,” added the Foreign Ministry’s spokesperson.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart