APS : Saturday, 24 February 2018
NEW YORK (United Nations)- Algeria has been elected by acclamation as a vice-chair of the United Nations Disarmament Commission for 2018, said Algeria’s permanent mission in New York.
This election shows, once again, the recognition of Algeria’s role and commitment to the achievement of the objectives of nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation of nuclear weapons.
This year, the Commission will address two main agenda items: achieving the objective of nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation of nuclear weapons and the prevention of an arms race in outer space.
Created in 1978, the Disarmament Commission is a subsidiary organ of the UN General Assembly and comprises all member states.
It is in charge of considering and making recommendations on various issues in the field of disarmament.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya