Algeria elected Chair of UN Disarmament and International Security Committee
APS : Tuesday, 14 June 2016
WASHINGTON-Algeria has been elected by acclamation Monday in New York as Chair of the United Nations First Disarmament and International Security Committee (DISEC).
This election reflects, once again, Algeria’s commitment to achieving goals relating to disarmament and non-proliferation of nuclear weapons.
Permanent representative of Algeria at the UN Sabri Boukadoum will assume this role (Chair) on behalf of Algeria at the 71st session of the UN General Assembly to open in next September.
Boukadoum stressed that unblocking the Conference on Disarmament and the establishment of nuclear weapons free zones in the world, will be among Algeria’s priorities within this Committee.
The First Committee of the UN General Assembly deals with all issues relating to disarmament, non-proliferation of nuclear weapons and international security, and is mandated to submit recommendations to the UN General Assembly in its area of competence.
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée
- Fire at fuel depot in Jakarta: Algeria offers condolences to Republic of Indonesia
- Algeria calls on NAM states to step up efforts to enshrine its founding principles