APS : Tuesday, 14 June 2016
WASHINGTON-Algeria has been elected by acclamation Monday in New York as Chair of the United Nations First Disarmament and International Security Committee (DISEC).
This election reflects, once again, Algeria’s commitment to achieving goals relating to disarmament and non-proliferation of nuclear weapons.
Permanent representative of Algeria at the UN Sabri Boukadoum will assume this role (Chair) on behalf of Algeria at the 71st session of the UN General Assembly to open in next September.
Boukadoum stressed that unblocking the Conference on Disarmament and the establishment of nuclear weapons free zones in the world, will be among Algeria’s priorities within this Committee.
The First Committee of the UN General Assembly deals with all issues relating to disarmament, non-proliferation of nuclear weapons and international security, and is mandated to submit recommendations to the UN General Assembly in its area of competence.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister