Algeria donates solar power plant to Cuba, cancels interest on debt, says President Tebboune
APS : Thursday, 17 November 2022
ALGIERS-President Abdelmadjid Tebboune announced Thursday in Algiers that Algeria decided to donate a solar power plant to Cuba and to cancel the interest on Cuba’s debt.
“Algeria has decided to alleviate the difficulties facing Cuba’s economy by canceling all interests on the country’s debt,” President Tebboune announced in a joint statement with his Cuban counterpart, Miguel Diaz-Canel Bermudez, after their talks at the Presidency of the Republic.
“Algeria has also decided to donate a solar power plant to Cuba to supply the capital city Havana with electricity,” added President Tebboune.
“Algeria and Cuba are bound by historical relations which have been consolidated with the values of freedom, peace, and justice,” said President Tebboune, reaffirming “Algeria’s permanent solidarity with the Cuban people.”
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée
- Fire at fuel depot in Jakarta: Algeria offers condolences to Republic of Indonesia