APS : MONDAY 05 MARCH 2018
ALGIERS-Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel on Monday said political relations between Algeria and Denmark were “excellent,” and emphasized “constant” consultation between the two countries, notably on counterterrorism, illegal immigration and violent extremism.
Speaking after talks with Denmark’s FM Anders Samuelsen, Messahel said he exchanged views with his Danish counterpart issues of common interest and the situation in the region, and emphasized “excellent” political relations between Algeria and Denmark.
“We also discussed Algeria’s relations with the European Union (EU),” continued Messahel, stressing “constant” consultation between the two countries on the challenges the region is facing, notably counterterrorism, illegal immigration and violent extremism.
An Algerian-Danish pharmaceutical products manufacturing plan will be inaugurated tomorrow by Samuelsen and the Algerian Health minister, announced Messahel.
Scheduled for Tuesday, the Algerian-Danish business forum will allow both sides “identify investments opportunities in Algeria to address dependency on hydrocarbons.”
For his part, Samuelsen said he discussed with his Algerian counterpart the means to strengthen bilateral cooperation, notably in the fields of economy, security and counterterrorism.
The reopening of Denmark’s embassy to Algeria “will help boosting bilateral relations,” stated Samuelsen.
We also discussed the situation in the Middle East and Algeria’s neighbouring countries, namely Libya and other countries, and the means to combat terrorism and violent extremism, stated the Danish FM.
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation