APS : Monday, 22 March 2021
ALGIERS- Algeria condemns, “in the strongest terms,” the terrorist attacks perpetrated Sunday in the region of Tahoua, in the west of Niger, killing dozens of people,
the ministry of Foreign Affairs said Monday in a statement.
“Algeria condemns in the strongest terms the terrorist attacks perpetrated in the region of Tahoua, in the west of the Republic of Niger, having caused dozens of deaths,” the ministry said in the statement.
“Algeria extends its sincere condolences to the families of the victims, and reaffirms its solidarity and support to the government and the brother people of Niger in their daily struggle against this despicable phenomenon.”
“In the face of these repeated attacks, Algeria stresses the need to mobilize all means and coordinate efforts at the regional and international levels, in order to overcome this scourge that threatens security, stability and development of the region’s countries,” the statement concluded.
Sixty people were killed on Sunday in a series of attacks against villages in western Niger, six days after attacks in the same area that had killed 66 people, security and local sources said on Monday.
The target areas are located in the Tahoua region, which is close to Tillaberi.
- (العربية) 5 جويلية الذكرى الستون لعيد الإستقلال تاريخ مجيد و عهد جديد
- President Tebboune kicks off Mediterranean Games 2022 in Oran
- Lamamra receives UNWTO Secretary General
- President Tebboune holds one-on-one meeting with Emir of the State of Qatar
- MG Oran 2022: Turkish Vice-President Fuat Oktay in Oran to attend opening ceremony