APS : Monday, 06 March 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria condemns the “cowardly” terrorist attack perpetrated Sunday against Mali’s Boulikessi military base, killing eleven soldiers, the spokesman of the ministry of Foreign Affairs said Monday.
“We condemn the cowardly terrorist attack perpetrated yesterday against Boulikessi base in Mali, in which eleven among the valuable Malian soldiers were killed,” Abdelaziz Benali Cherif told APS.
The ministry’s spokesperson offered Algeria’s condolences to the families of the victims, expressing its “solidarity with our Malian brother people and government.”
The latest attack “is a vain attempt in the face of the significant progress and achievements made through the determination of all Malians involved the national reconciliation, development and peace process.”
“Algeria, as a leading member of the international mediation and chairman of the committee for monitoring agreement on peace and national reconciliation in Mali based on Algiers process, will spare no efforts to assist our Malian brothers in achieving the goals they set, through the implementation of the agreement.”
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied
- Chairman of Libya’s Presidential Council on official visit to Algeria Wednesday
- Hood: Algeria-US views on Libya crisis resolution convergent
- Biden administration seeks to cooperate with Algeria “on common goals,” says Hood
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Tunisian counterpart